Turmeric benefits have been researched and documented extensively due to their possible role in boosting the body's immune system and fighting heart disease and cancer.
It is a powerful East-Indian herb that is commonly used in curry dishes. Turmeric extract contains the powerful active ingredient curcumin, which is where the therapeutic value lies. Curcumin is a strong anti-inflammatory with many health benefits.
Here are some of the many benefits of turmeric:
1) Lowering LDL cholesterol - Studies have shown that turmeric lowers LDL cholesterol levels. LDLs are responsible for the buildup of plaque in the arteries that could lead to heart disease.
2) Treating High Blood Pressure - Turmeric has been shown to improve blood flow as well as strengthen blood vessels, thus making it useful in treating hypertension.
3) Guarding Against Cancer - Studies point to turmeric's ability to neutralize free radicals, chemicals that could damage healthy cells in the body. As such it can ward off cancer and tumorous growths.
4) Promoting General Health - Turmeric extract contains powerful antioxidants which can help boost the body's immune system and protect against illness and disease.
Other Turmeric Benefits
Some of the other health benefits of this powerful herb include protecting the liver, aiding in digestion and helping with irritable bowel syndrome.
You can buy an individual turmeric supplement, such as a powder or capsule, or you can buy a more comprehensive product that includes turmeric along with other therapeutic herbs, vitamins and minerals. It really depends on what you are hoping to achieve.
Let's look at the benefits of a more comprehensive supplement...
Most experts believe that you can achieve better results with a blend of herbs, vitamins and minerals in one formula. Here's why:
A) Many herbs, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients work together synergistically - often a blend of nutrients can work better together than one nutrient on its own. The therapeutic effect is enhanced by the nutrients working together.
For example: Turmeric can work together with green tea and olive leaf to lower cholesterol. They are all powerful antioxidants.
B) You can help several body systems at one time - You can treat a condition with one herb, boost your immunity with another and make sure the condition does not return with yet another herb.
For example: Turmeric can improve blood flow while Vitamin E can strengthen your heart and gingko biloba maintains the circulatory system. So a supplement with all three of these nutrients just might be more beneficial.
However, if you are just trying to treat one particular ailment, such as high blood pressure, or want to add a little healthy boost to your dishes, then a single turmeric supplement may be all that you need.
To help you decide, below you will find great sources for both a multivitamin supplement containing turmeric and single ingredient turmeric powder so you can choose which makes the most sense for you.
We have found resources for extremely high quality turmeric supplements that meet all of the requirements of a great product:
1. They are formulated under strict GMP compliance, meaning they contain the purest ingredients.
2. They are developed by a highly-trained, well-credentialed scientific team ensuring the efficacy of the product.
3. They are milled, blended and packaged precisely using the most modern techniques to ensure efficacy.
Single Ingredient Turmeric:
For a wide variety of high quality turmeric products including powders and rhizomes (stems) Starwest is the place to go online.
Multi Ingredient Turmeric Supplement:
For a more comprehensive multivitamin with turmeric along with other beneficial herbs, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients take a look at Total Balance Unisex, a high quality daily supplement with the purest ingredients offering maximum health benefits.
Many of our staff as well as our visitors have been ordering from these two manufacturers for quite some time. Total Balance in particular is our core nutritional supplement, and we buy bulk herbs, teas and powders of all sorts for various conditions and general wellness.
As with all health supplements, results vary from person to person so be sure to consult your physician or qualified herbal professional before taking any supplement for turmeric benefits or other herbal supplements.
Search our site...
Featured Turmeric Sourceturmeric powder supplements take a look at Starwest Botanicals, a leading provider of bulk herbs, powders, teas and capsules.