The benefits of ginger root have been well researched as modern science is discovering more and more therapeutic applications for this powerful herb.
A perennial herb native to China and India, ginger root has been used for centuries in Asian cooking and medications. Ancient peoples used ginger root to cure everything from menstrual cramps to seasickness to food poisoning to body odor. The roots of the plant, called rhizomes, are where the benefits of ginger root lie.
Some of the many health benefits of ginger root include:
1) Aids in Digestion - Perhaps the best herb for digestion, ginger root prevents indigestion and abdominal cramping. Ginger also helps break down proteins, aiding the digestion process.
2) Alleviates High Blood Pressure - Ginger improves and stimulates circulation and relaxes the muscles surrounding blood vessels, facilitating the flow of blood throughout the body.
3) Treats Nausea and Morning Sickness - Ginger has been widely shown to prevent as well as treat motion sickness. Ginger root relaxes the stomach and relieves the feeling of nausea.
4) Lowers LDL Cholesterol - Ginger root extract can help reduce the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol in the body, reducing the risk of developing heart disease.
Other Ginger Root Health Benefits:
Research shows that ginger root may help treat ulcers.
Ginger also possesses anti-inflammatory properties that could help with arthritis.
Ginger root has been used to fight off and alleviate the symptoms of colds and flu, as it contains immunity-boosting abilities.
In order to maximize the health benefits it offers, you have to make sure you are taking a supplement with standardized herbal extract of pure ginger root. Many products on the market do not use standardized extract because it is much cheaper to produce. But beware, because these products do not contain enough active ingredient to offer you any true benefits.
Also, you must make sure that the ginger root product is manufactured at a facility that follows strict GMP compliance. These are the strictest manufacturing standards in the world - the same standards that pharmaceutical drugs have to follow - so you know that they are the highest quality products you can buy.
It's important to note that under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994, herbal products are considered dietary supplements, so manufacturers do not have to guarantee the content or effectiveness of their products.
As a result many of these products contain very little or none of the ingredients they claim to (therefore, no benefits) or too much ingredient (dangerous!). Still others contain harmful contaminants that could cause serious damage to your body
That's why you have to find a high quality ginger supplement, one with standardized herbal extract, manufactured under GMP compliance by a highly-credentialed product formulator.
You can purchase an individual ginger root supplement, or you can buy a more comprehensive product that includes ginger root along with other therapeutic herbs, vitamins and minerals. It really depends on what you are hoping to achieve.
Let's look at the benefits of a more comprehensive supplement...
Many herbalists and scientists feel that you can achieve better results with a blend of herbs, vitamins and minerals in one formula.
However, if you are just trying to treat one particular ailment, such as nausea or indigestion, or want a natural way to possibly help alleviate high blood pressure, then a single ginger supplement is a good option.
We have found sources for extremely high quality ginger root supplements that meet all of the requirements we mentioned above:
1. They are formulated under strict GMP compliance, meaning they contain the purest ingredients.
2. They are developed by a highly-trained, well-credentialed scientific team ensuring the efficacy of the product.
3. They are milled, blended and packages precisely using the most modern techniques to ensure efficacy.
The very best ginger root supplements can now be found at Amazon.
They currently feature Nature's Way, NOW Foods, Solaray, StarWest and other top brands in powder, pill, tablet and liquid formats. Just make sure to read through the reviews and see what other buyers had to say about the supplements. This will give you a good idea of which to choose.
As with all health supplements, results vary from person to person so be sure to consult your physician or qualified herbal professional before taking any supplement for ginger root benefits or other herbal supplements.
Search our site...
Featured Ginger Root Source